Friday, April 01, 2005

We Made It to Hong Kong

Hello everyone,

Pete and I arrived in Hong Kong yesterday morning at 7:50 AM. It was a very long 15 hour flight, but we survived just fine and had a very long nap when we arrived at our hotel room. The Shangri-la in Kowloon is a very nice hotel, but food and drinks here are very expensive. I was just down in the lobby resting and a hostess asked me if I wanted something to drink. I ordered a diet Coke and when the bill came it was $42.60. Fortunately, that was Hong Kong dollars, but in American dollars, that still adds up to over $6 US.

The weather here is cool and overcast. It is also humid. We met up with Taylor and Jeff from Alaska. They are also adopting and are using the same agency as us. The rest of our group is scheduled to arrive today. We enjoyed a nice dinner with Taylor and Jeff and then took the Star Ferry Harbour tour for one hour around the Hong Kong harbour. It was nice and there was a light show on the skyscrapers at night set to music.

I haven't figured out how to upload photos here yet, so hopefully, I will figure it out soon before we get Chloe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home