Friday, April 15, 2005

April 15-Travel Day

Today was our last day in Guangzhou. Even though our flight to Hong Kong would last only 30 minutes, we spent much of the day waiting in the hotel lobby and at the airport in Guangzhou. We didn't arrive in Hong Kong until around 8 PM and then we spent the night at a very nice hotel inside the airport.

We are so glad to be heading home now. It has been a long and tiring adventure. Our bus ride to the airport in Guangzhou was 40 minutes. If we had kept driving for another 2.5 hours, we could have been in Hong Kong much sooner. The airport is brand new (opened August 2004) and I had my first encounter with a squat toilet. It was amazing to see a brand new restroom complete with automatic faucets and flushing mechanisms, with granite tile floors and then behind the partition door is a porcelain hole in the ground. I wasn't sure where to put my feet or even which way I was supposed to face. At least this one had toilet paper. I am glad that this was the only squat toilet I had to use the entire trip.

Sorry we have no photos to post for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home